Customizing a Formula element
The Formula is one of the most commonly used elements. It lets you create formulas that use values entered into previous input fields by your website visitors and shows the calculated results. You can also incorporate results from other formulas.
- The Element Label input field lets you name your element.
- The Element Tooltip is a text field that lets you give more context to each element or explain what information you require to input. Once enabled, it will appear as a small info icon next to the element title.
- The Show Label toggle controls whether the title is visible or hidden.
- The Display Result toggle controls whether the calculated results are visible or hidden.
- The Show Results Only in Email toggle allows you to reveal calculated results only in an email sent either to your website visitor or to you (using the Mail Results or Order Form tools).
- The Decimal Places slider lets you choose how many numbers are visible after the decimal point for a more accurate result.
- The Basic formula editor can be found under the Formula editor label. Here you can write a formula using the available results from previous user choices. The Available elements show which of the calculator’s elements can be used for the formula. The Math functions & actions show which math functions and actions are available for use in the formula.
- The Prefix input field lets you choose what you want to be written before the result.
- The Postfix input field lets you choose what you want to be written after the result.