The Numeric Input is the most common input field and is used to obtain a numeric value from calculator users. Values entered to this input field are used directly in calculations. You can add this input field by clicking on the plus icon (+) and selecting Numeric Input Field from the list.
- The Element Label input field lets you name your element.
- The Element Tooltip is a text field that lets you give more context to each element or explain what information you require to input. Once enabled, it will appear as a small info icon next to the element title.
- The Show Label toggle controls whether the title is visible or hidden.
- The Show Increment/Decrement Buttons toggle allows you to add an increment/decrement button to the input field so that users can use buttons instead of typing numbers in manually.
- The Min and Max fields let you decide the range of allowed input values. The range has to have a clear beginning and end, meaning that Min and Max values cannot be blank/null. If the end-user enters a value that is not within the specified range, it will automatically change to the nearest allowed value.
- The Default Value input field allows you to specify the value which will be used in the element by default when the calculator loads. The Default Value cannot be blank/null.
- The Decimal Places slider controls how many numbers can be entered after the decimal point.
- The Prefix input field lets you decide what you want to be written before the numeric input field.
- The Postfix input field lets you decide what you want to be written after the numeric input field.