The Text Input allows site visitors to enter a text. It then provides a formula with the amount of symbols or words added to this field.
To add a Text Input Field to your calculator, click the Add New Element button (the plus icon at the left-top corner of the Calconic Editor) and choose the Text Input Field element.
- You can name your element using the Element Label input field.
- The Element Tooltip is a text field that lets you give more context to each element or explain what information you require to input. Once enabled, it will appear as a small info icon next to the element title.
- The Show Label toggle controls whether the title will be displayed or hidden.
- The Text Input Field provides a formula with the amount of symbols or words added to this field.
- The Input Type lets you decide whether you want a short answer to your question or to provide a bigger text area and ask the user to give more information.
- The Count By option can choose what should be counted: characters or words.
- The Word/Character Limit input field let you decide on the maximum number of characters or words allowed in the text input field.
- By switching the Hide Word/Character Count to the ON position you can hide the number that is shown under the text input field on your calculator.
- The Prefix input field lets you add what you want to be written before the text input field.
- The Postfix input field lets you add what you want to be written after the numeric input field.