Adding a PayPal payment button is an easy and effective way to start accepting payments directly from your website. Let your website visitors calculate the exact price of your product or service and pay you using the secure and reliable PayPal service.
Please note that this article describes how to set up your PayPal payment button for real payments. If you want to ensure that your PayPal button works correctly, you can test it using the PayPal Sandbox environment. See Testing PayPal payment button before accepting real payments for more information about this.
Step 1 | Retrieve PayPal Production Key:
- Open https://developer.paypal.com.
- Click the Log into Dashboard button.
- Log in with your PayPal business account.
- Click My Apps & Credentials.
- Under REST API apps, click the Create App button (if you already have the app created, click on it and jump to step 7).
- Enter the App Name (it might be your business name, our website address or any other name) and click the Create App button.
- Select the Live tab at the top-right corner.
- Copy your Client ID.
Step 2 | Set up your payment button:
- Login to your Calconic account
- Click My Calculators on the left side menu.
- Select the calculator you want to add a payment button to.
- Click the Plus icon.
- Click the Payment Button.
- Toggle the switch below the Environment label to the Live position.
- Paste your PayPal Client ID to the PayPal Sandbox Client ID input field.
The payment button tool has additional customization options, see the Customizing Payment button page for more information.