Element Group is a great tool to handle bigger and more complex calculators. By placing elements into an Element Group container, you will be able to easily resize and reposition elements in bulk instead of one by one. Element Groups can also help to structure a calculator if it uses different sections and save space because Element Groups are expandable/collapsable.
- Element Label field allows you to name your element group. The toggle controls whether the label is visible or hidden.
- Element Tooltip field allows you to give more information or context about the element to the end-user. The tooltip symbol 🛈 will appear next to the element title automatically once you enter at least one character into the field.
- The Group is collapsable and Collapsed by default toggles control whether the Element Group container can be collapsed and if it should be collapsed by default when the calculator loads.
Placing elements into Element Groups
Element Group is being added into a calculator like any other element - via Add New Element (+) menu. Once it is added, proceed with the following steps to place elements in it.
- Open Calculator Settings window.
- Click on the Element List tab.
- Drag-and-drop elements of your choice onto the Element Group listing. An indicator will appear next to elements that are part of a group.